Private Voice Teacher
Jennifer has been a private voice teacher with an emphasis on classical vocal technique since 1990. She has a classical and musical theater performance background and she taught vocal music in the Aurora Public Schools for 10 years, working with elementary through high school students. Jennifer teaches sight singing and music theory in addition to vocal audition preparation and college audition preparation.
She also teaches beginning piano for all ages.
Jennifer received her BME/performance degree from the University of Denver, attending on a vocal scholarship. Her personal vocal study began at age 15 and has spanned decades. Her private teachers have included: Orville Moore, Josy Ritterhauser-Whaley, Phyllis Curtin (Tanglewood) and Vera Scammon (University of Indiana). She currently works with Bill Lewis of NYC. She has been a fellowship student with The Tanglewood Music Festival (the summer home of the Boston Symphony) for two consecutive summers where she sang Helen in the world premier of Helen of Troy as well as performing in various concerts/recitals.
Jennifer has held the following operatic roles:
- Various Concerts including Lincoln Center, NYC performing the music of Kern, Berlin, Gershwin, Rodgers and Hart, Lowe, and Rogers & Hammerstein.
- The Denver Opera Company
- Sonja in The Merry Widow,
- Rosalinda in Die Fieldermaus
- Mrs. Ford in The Merry Wives of Windsor
- Susanna in The Secret of Susanna
- Adriana in Adriana Lecourreur
- Mimi in La Boheme;
- Constanza in The abduction from Seraglio; The Arapahoe Chamber Orchestra
- Soprano soloist in the Mozart Requiem; Colorado Philharmonic
- Guest Artist; Denver Symphony
- Amor, Orpheus ed Euridice; University of Denver
- Soprano Soloist at Temple Micah